March 17, 2009

St. Patty's Feast 2009

Here's the preview of tonight's dinner for 12.

st pattys 09 (4)

Yep. The massive vat of Guinness Stew is back. (Not in picture, a pound of carrots. And actually, I only used 3 potatoes, one box of stock, and 1.5 bottles of Guinness.)

I made the stew last night and Brandon hauled it into the fridge for me. He will graciously haul it back out and start the simmer when he gets home.

Here's the finished, piping hot product.

St Pattys day feast 2009 (4)

And now something that will be consumed this morning my office hungry vultures.

st pattys 09

That's the Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes with the Bailey's Cream Frosting I made last year for the house party. Now I can watch my unsuspecting colleagues stumble through the office. Hehe.

The dozen kids tonight, instead, will have the Nigella's Chocolate Guinness Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. [ETA: This recipe has become such a huge hit that I've been making it for just about every occasion now. Hahaha!]

Behold, the decadence!

St Pattys day feast 2009 (12)

The cake was an experiment on Saturday night. I was going to take it to my friend's birthday party but someone else was already bringing a cake. Then again, the cake looked so good I figured I'd keep it in the fridge for today's party.

I'm sure it would be yummier fresh; but after a couple of days in the fridge, it's still very tasty.

Erin Go fricki'n Bragh, y'all!

1 comment:

Annette said...

It was FREAking DELICIOUS! OMG, so glad to have you has a friend.